I was looking for something simple and kind of vintage-y and fun, and this dress really fit the bill. I love it, and I hope it finds a good home with you!
The dress has a sweetheart neckline in the front and a v shape in the back, which is significantly more flattering than straight across (it decreases the dreaded but inevitable back roll caused by all strapless dresses). In the long run I decided I would not be comfortable all night with a strapless dress, so I had a detachable halter strap made, which I had covered with antique handmade lace which is slightly darker than the dress. You could easily remove the lace, or not use the halter strap at all. The back has a zipper and a short row of buttons. The skirt length is a standard 27″ from natural waist to hem.
The petticoat features layers of dusty rose tulle, which makes for a happy surprise when you twirl, which of course you will be, a lot. Twirling is super fun in this dress!
Please feel free to email me with any questions or if you’d like to see more pictures. Also, I’m willing to negotiate.
- Label Size: 12
- Street Size: 12
- Bust: 41.5
- Waist: 34
- Hips: free
- Height with Shoes: 5'11
- Alterations: The original Manhattan is designed to be a straight strapless dress, but I had a Sweetheart neckline added and a shallow v shape in the back. I had the bodice shortened by half an inch. The halter strap measures 22.5" and is detachable. The original Manhattan comes with a sash but I decided not to get one. I imagine you could easily have a matching one made at www.dollycouture.com.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Fit to Flare
- Material: Lace, Satin, Tulle
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Beach, Bohemian, Modern, Vintage
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: The dress was dry cleaned immediately after the wedding/reception and stored hanging in a garment bag since then.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.