This dress is beautiful.
I had so much fun trying on dresses. So many were pretty and had their own wonderful charm. But this dress, this dress was perfect. I would have never picked it out based on the Watters photo. The silk is the softest and dreamiest silk you can imagine. And it seems you have the best of everything. A little delicate lace, but not too much. A flattering silhouette, elegant but not over the top, and not too simple that you will be forgotten. It’s perfect.
I wore this dress on June 1, 2013 in my garden style wedding, and I continue to get compliments on that wedding, and on my dress. If you can go see it in person you should!
I am also including the $300 veil that I wore for a total of 5 minutes (I didn’t have it attached correctly and it blew off into my sisters hands in the beginning of the ceremony!) But it’s very pretty.
- Label Size: 2
- Street Size: 4
- Height with Shoes:
- Alterations: I added a $300+ "sash" applique to the dress to create a flattering empire waist effect. It's not an actual sash as it was sewed on by the seamstress from the bridal shop. (the Poinsette Bride in Greenville, SC). I also had them take out a layer of crinoline under the dress so it was a bit more flowy, and more suited to an outdoor wedding. It turned out to be a great move and I was happy with the result. Plus it let me be closer to the smooth silky layers which I loved. In one of the photos you can see the French bustle that they added as well. The final alteration was a little pulling in of the sweetheart to make it a bit snugger around the breast. If you do a google search of other devenport dresses and see people trying it on you will see a gap from the sweetheart to their chest. I had her take this in a bit. And not because I have a small chest. My normal bra size is 34D/ DD. Also for sizing, I normally wear a size 4/6. Even though it looks like it in some of the photos, I do not have a skinny waist- that is just the affect of the dress!
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Lace, Organza, Silk
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: I chose to have the dress cleaned and preserved by Wedding Dress cleaning professionals online from Gownpreservation.com The gown has been in the preservation box since it has been returned to me. Supposedly you are allowed to take it out of the box without messing with the preservation of it. I have not done this yet but after I review the rules again I may do this in order to get more details for a serious buyer.
- Terms of Sale: Other
- Location: asheville, NC
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.