This is a gorgeous, silk-satin, customized, and couture Melissa Sweet wedding dress that is in pristine condition. Alterations were made by the designer to drop the backline to a deeper V, exposing more of the back and increasing the subtly sexy vibe of this stunning gown. It is truly one-of-a-kind.
The Daria dress also has a brilliantly pleated, asymmetrical bodice that flares out just above the hips and nearly capped straps that hit at the shoulder in order to accentuate the tastefully low neckline.
If your everyday style leans toward Banana Republic or Anthropologie, then the Daria dress is for you — classic and sophisticated with the unexpected details that make it memorable, timeless, and rare.
For a better idea of size: I am 5′ 3″ and weighed 110 lbs. at the time of my wedding, wore 3 inch heals, and fit into 32/34 A/B bras. I’m also happy to email you additional photos if interested.
Also, if you like the veil in the pictures, I’m happy to include that in the price of the dress, as it was chosen to go specifically with the gown. Additionally, if you are interested, the Swarovski crystal and gold broach can be purchased for an additional $75 (original cost $250).
- Alterations: Couture alterations made by Melissa Sweet included dropping the backline to a deep V and altering the ribbons/train in the back so that they are detachable. Further alterations were made by a top-rated Knot.com seamstress, which included adding an elegant french bustle and sewn in cups, and making minor adjustments to the waist, straps, and hem.
- Preservation Method: This dress was professionally cleaned by Priscilla of Boston’s recommended cleaners in Chicago, who specialize in care for high-end fabrics, at a cost of $650. It has been pressed, is now hanging in a protective case, and is ready to be worn again.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Wheaton, IL
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.