This dress is too beautiful to hang in my closet, or worse, boxed in my attic. It’s a classic, so I could save it for a niece or daughter, but if you’re like me (tiny!), you understand that not too many women are likely to be our size… And so, you now have the opportunity to own and wear this gown.
Reem Acra’s “Dancing Queen” is a classic (yet contemporary) bridal gown, with an empire waist and halter top. It provides a touch of glamour, without being gaudy, with finely-embroidered crystal embellishments above the waist. The dress is made of incredibly soft, gathered chiffon. The inside liner is Italian silk, making it is so soft and cool, and a must for the bride who wants to look great and feel comfortable.
The gown is typically a stark white, but this one is a light ivory, meant to look a little less “stark” and a lot more feminine-soft.
I don’t know if it matters to you, but I believe in superstitions, so I will share that this dress was worn at the start of a wonderful and still very happy marriage.
- Alterations: This dress was purchased and altered at the famous Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City. The seamstress, Maria, made masterful work of turning the size 4 into a dress that fit comfortably and perfectly for my 5'1" (+ 2" heels), 100 lb frame.
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally dry cleaned immediately follow our wedding day and has been stored safely since.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.