I am selling my NEW WITH TAGS still on Nicole Miller Dakota dress.
I didn’t want a strapless dress, but my wedding was approaching so I agreed to try one on. This one was fantastic! Even my mom, who HATES strapless dresses and begged me not to get one loved it and teared up. It’s just so flattering – with a built-in corset that made my waist look so tiny and meant I could go skip the uncomfortable strapless bra. I also loved the adorable train/bustle. So I decided to get it and accessorize it a bit by adding a belt and a bolero.
Then, OF COURSE, my sister sent me a link to a dress that was just as flattering but had straps/sleeves. And now I’m stuck with two beautiful dresses.
Here’s a word of advice: this exact dress is available – and returnable online at BHLDN. (Sadly, I found that out after I purchased it “final sale” at the salon…) You can order the size 8 Dakota dress from that website, try it on, return it, and only lose the shipping costs. If it fits you, you can come back and buy this one for 30% off! With the money you save, you can get your groom a new suit for the wedding.
I’ve posted a photo of me wearing the sample dress in the salon (it was a size 4, so it was tight around my hips) with a Jenny Yoo lace cover-up. I think it looks great with that, but I’ve also posted pictures of it plain. Note the cute bustle in the back!
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 33
- Waist: 29
- Hips: 39
- Height with Shoes: I am 5'10" and can wear a 4" shoe under it.
- Alterations: No alterations have been done to this dress. It is exactly as it was when I purchased it from the salon. I took it out of the garment bag just once to show my grandma.
- Color: Ivory, White
- Silhouette: Trumpet
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Beach, Belt/Sash, Bohemian, Classic, Corset, Modern
- Preservation Method: Stored in the Nicole Miller garment bag in came in (so new there's been no reason to preserve it).
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.