I purchased this dress from David’s Bridal for my Florida wedding in September 2013. It was a small, non-traditional wedding – we got married on a historical (but functioning) trolley with our 14 immediate family members. After the wedding, we had a dinner party, and I later switched out of the dress for the reception. I know the cover picture is kind of funny – we were attempting to be artistic, but it does show off the front of the dress nicely.
When I was searching for a dress, I had three main search criteria. (1) I did not want a strapless dress that I would fuss with all day. (2) I did not want a dress that was bright white. (3) I wanted something that was timeless and elegant. I didn’t want to look back at my pictures 20 years from now and say, “What was I thinking!”
This ivory/sand colored, modified a-line gown was perfect. I’m on the shorter side (5’2”) and it flattered my height and my figure perfectly. Moreover, I loved the straps – they are what’s called “illusion draped” tulle straps that blend down into the gown. This was probably the feature that most people commented on – they loved them! I especially loved how they came to a “V” in the back – see picture. I also received a number of compliments on the beading. I actually never thought I’d have a beaded gown, but these subtle details gave the gown a timeless, vintage-inspired look.
This price not only includes the dress, but also the size 6 slip (David’s Bridal style 550, $49), the alterations (mostly the bustle, $550), and the dress’ cleaning and preservation($129). This price and purchase does NOT include the sliver sash that i wore with the dress – I’m keeping it to pass down to my children. If you like it, however, you can purchase it at David’s Bridal for $69.
FYI – This gown is fully lined and is back zipped.
- Alterations: Most people do not take into account how much alterations are - specifically the bustle. The bustle on this gown is stunning! I wore it up the whole time (even for the ceremony) except for pictures before the wedding. Everyone was beside themselves on how beautiful it was. To give you a better idea of how the gown fits, these are my dimensions: bust is 36 in, waist is 28 in, and hip is 36 in. I also had bra cups sewn in that can easily be snipped out - I just didn't want to wear a bra.
- Preservation Method: Included in the price is the $129 I paid to have this dress cleaned and preserved. It will arrive to you professionally cleaned in a sealed box.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.