It is a raw-silk full-length wedding gown. It was bought in Manhattan and I fell in love with the simple design, flattering shape and gorgeous material. The natural sheen highlighted by the draping was love at first sight. The fitted long sleeve jacket with a boat collared jacket was the “piece de resistance”. It was perfect for the Italian church ceremony and it came off at the reception. I was the first owner and I have only wore it the day of my wedding. One of the advantages of this dress is that it has a discreet ballroom elegance perfect for a Gala or Opening Night at the Opera.
- Alterations: There have been no alterations made to this dress. However, there is a small water stain (at the bottom of the dress) near one of the seams that could be hidden by just taking in the seam. It is a hand-made very expensive dress bought at a discount because it was a sample for their new collection. It came without the tags when it was shipped to California. This is the main reason why I am discounting it so much. I have spoken to a local bridal shop who has offered to do the small repair and a fresh dry cleaning and pressing for $250-$300. These are San Francisco prices and it may be cheaper for you to get it done where you live. I mention it so you have an idea of what it will take to have the dress be as good as new.
- Preservation Method: It was professionally dry cleaned right after the wedding and it laid flat for all of these years. I was saving it for my daughters but have decided that this is too much projection. ;-) God knows if they will ever want to get married!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.