I fell hopelessly in love with this dress the moment I put it on. The A-line silhouette is timeless; the silk tulle skirt so dreamy and romantic while the fitted corset bodice gives it a modern edge. The detail in the embroidery is exquisite and the hand-beading gives it just a touch of sparkle. Lined in soft silk, it is comfortable, airy and nearly weightless.
Our ceremony was held outside on a lawn in Napa while the reception in a ballroom. It was a black tie wedding and this gown had the glamour and softness I was looking for.
I will include the matching Monique Lhuillier ruched tulle cummerbund that I purchased for $400.00. It is amazing and will highlight your natural waist and give you the tiniest waistline.
The dress shown in Monique Lhuillier’s Fall 2013 ad campaign in Honey but I chose to have the dress made in Ivory.
Please don’t hesitate to ask me any questions at all. Local buyers are more than welcome to view the gown in person. Or, I would be happy to Skype or FaceTime with you so that you can “see” the dress in person and ask any questions you may have.
- Alterations: I purchased this gown from Bridal Galleria in San Francisco and the alterations were done by their expert team of seamstresses to fit me at 5'3", 105 pounds, 32B. This dress was ordered in a Size 4 and sized down so the bodice was taken in, as was the matching belt. The hem was taken up to accommodate my 3 1/4 inch heels. Velcro was added to the inside of the cups so that it could attach to my bra (this velcro can be easily removed). Hooks were sewn in for a double French bustle and carefully placed so as not to hide the beautiful embroidery.
- Preservation Method: The gown was repaired, cleaned and Museum Method preserved by Heritage Garment Preservation. There were some holes in the innermost layer of tulle that have since been repaired--it's not at all noticeable from the outside of the gown. The gown has been carefully lined with acid free tissue and is hanging inside of a muslin garment bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.