I fell hopelessly in love with this dress the moment I put it on. The A-line silhouette is timeless; the silk tulle skirt so dreamy and romantic while the fitted corset bodice gives it a modern edge. The detail in the embroidery is exquisite and the hand-beading gives it just a touch of sparkle. Lined in soft silk, it is comfortable, airy and nearly weightless.
Our ceremony was held outside on a lawn in Napa while the reception in a ballroom. It was a black tie wedding and this gown had the glamour and softness I was looking for.
I will include the matching Monique Lhuillier ruched tulle cummerbund that I purchased for $400.00. It is amazing and will highlight your natural waist and give you the tiniest waistline.
The dress shown in Monique Lhuillier’s Fall 2013 ad campaign in Honey but I chose to have the dress made in Ivory.
- Alterations: I purchased this gown from Bridal Galleria in San Francisco and the alterations were done by their expert team of seamstresses to fit me at about 5' 6 1/2" (my height with shoes), 105 pounds, 32B. This dress was ordered in a Size 4 and sized down so the bodice was taken in, as was the matching belt. The hem was taken up. Velcro was added to the inside of the cups so that it could attach to my bra (this velcro can be easily removed or keep it and add velcro to your own bra so that it can attach to the dress). Hooks were sewn in for a double French bustle and carefully placed so as not to hide the beautiful embroidery.
- Preservation Method: The gown was repaired, cleaned and Museum Method preserved by Heritage Garment Preservation. There are some holes in an innerlayer of the tulle skirt. Most have been repaired but they none are visable from the outside of the gown. The inside of the gown has been carefully lined and padded with acid free tissue to keep the shape of the bodice and is hanging inside of a muslin garment bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.