After having tried it on in a number of shops (and countries!), I bought this unbelievably gorgeous dress from Primrose & Finch in Auckland, New Zealand. The dress came direct from the Claire Pettibone workshop in L.A – and I still have the receipt and all the tags, if you would like to see them.
If you’re looking at this listing, I assume you’ve probably already tried on the gorgeous Chantilly, but if not: this is one of the most beautiful and intricate wedding dresses you will ever encounter! The level of detail on the beading and lace and seams is incredible, and the fit is impeccable. People raved about it at the wedding! I am a fairly consistent street size 2/4, and nothing at all needed to be changed on the dress. It’s got a bit of stretch to it, too, so probably has a bit of room to move up or down, size-wise.
On 1 August 2014, I wore this beautiful dress at our wedding in Cambridge, and changed out of it immediately after the ceremony. We brought the dress back to Vancouver, Canada, with us on the way home to New Zealand, and I took it to Fletchers Fabricare for professional cleaning and preservation. Save for a few loose threads here and there (which can easily be snipped off by someone who knows what he/she is doing), the dress is in pristine condition. I hope to find another lucky bride to rock this beauty on her wedding day!
- Alterations: The only alterations to the dress were the addition of a hidden bustle and bra cups. The cups are tacked in, so are able to removed easily with absolutely no damage to the dress.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been professionally cleaned and preserved by Fletchers Fabricare in Vancouver, Canada. They are the best in town! See: http://www.fletchersfabricare.ca/services/
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.