See links to videos below.
This is a beautiful Catherine Deane Spring Season 2014 gown that I purchased it at a BHLDN sample sale in January. I just decided to go with a different dress because my wedding date was pushed back and I wanted something a little heavier for a fall/winter wedding.
The dress is modern but incredibly romantic .It’s slightly off-white colored. It is made up of gathered silk with an embroidered bodice and a silk satin lining. There is modified sweetheart neckline under the illusion neck. The bodice has some boning structure and under-wire bust cups. It has a flowy column skirt that it slightly fitted which I think flatters both a curvy and a straight body-type.
There is slight damage around the zipper and the hem of the dress. I’ve been advised by a tailor that this damage can easily be fixed based on the gathered nature of the silk.
The dress is a true size ten. I am size 8 (5’7, 150lbs, 34 C/D) and the dress was a little big on me in the bodice area. I purchased it big with the intent to have it tailored. I was advised that it could easily be brought down to a size 6/8 without re-cutting the inside bodice, but anything smaller would need some serious work. Also at 5’7 with three inch heels I would have needed to get the dress shortened (which was perfect to have the damaged hemline removed).
Here are videos of the front and back. If you have any questions or what any more information, just send me a note. Happy dress hunting!
Video of the Front:
Video of the Back:
- Alterations: Sample sale condition. Slight damage around the zipper and hem. See the links to videos for a close up. It still has it's sample sale tag on it. I imagine it could use a dry clean before your big day. I have made not alterations.
- Preservation Method: Sample sale condition.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Weehawken, NJ
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.