SOLD OUT on the BHLDN website!
I wore this showstopper of a dress for the ceremony, photos, and first dances at my wedding two years ago. I changed into a cotton sundress for the “party” portion of the reception so this was worn a total of about 2 hours. I had it professionally dry cleaned just days ago in preparation for this sale. It is still in the original garment bag.
I found the dress to be true to size, but I know that is subjective so you must judge for yourself as there are no returns. I am a 34C bust, 28 waist, and the bodice fit me perfectly. I am 5’8″ and wore the dress with a 2.5″ wedge sandal so it did not need to be altered for me to walk comfortably.
From the BHLDN website:
At once structured and freeform, seemingly infinite layers of asymmetrical wisps spill below a structured bodice. Over 15 meters of fluid silk chiffon clothe its tulle petticoat, giving this Catherine Deane gown a soft, voluminous feel. A Catherine Deane original. Hidden back zip. Professionally clean. Imported.
This silhouette is fitted through the bodice. For best fit, size to the curvier of your bust and waist measurements.
Can be shortened; using an experienced bridal tailor is recommended
Boning and underwire bust cups
Silk and tulle petticoat
From the BHLDN size guide for size 6:
Length from natural waist: 115cm
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some photos online show this dress accessorized with a belt, which is NOT included. To see the dress in action, BHLDN website has a Vimeo video of a model moving in it. Worth a look!
- Alterations: Dress has not been altered for size in any way. Two of the wispy scarf-like pieces that make up the skirt fell off during the ceremony as they are attached with very delicate thread. I had a professional seamstress with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design re-attach these pieces. Looks perfect.
- Preservation Method: Professionally dry cleaned. Stored in original garment bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Boston area, MA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.