I purchased the “Cassidy” gown by designer Caroline DeVillo at the Nordstrom Flagship Bridal Boutique in Seattle, Washington less than a year ago in June 2013, we were married September 2013.
I paid $2400 for this gown. If you love classic, understated glamour this sleek fluted gown is perfect for you. It has a beautiful train and fits like a gem. The color is not completely ivory nor stark white–its a creamier white. The gown has twisted straps, elegant scooped neck and is made of silk dupioni with silk satin accents. The back is very beautiful too, there is a slightly deep v in the backside and there is a small sash that folds over.
The gown is still available in Nordstrom stores and online for $2400.
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 32D
- Waist: 29
- Hips: 37
- Height with Shoes: 5'8
- Alterations: I purchased the size 10 due to my bust size, however due to pre-wedding stress and a blessing in disguise flu before the wedding, I had to get the dress altered for a second time. All alterations were performed at Downtown Seattle Nordstrom (Flagship) and ran around $200. The waist area was taken in a bit and we added foam cups to the interior of the dress so I would not have to wear a bra. Pre-wedding/post wedding, I usually wear a size 27 in designer jeans or a 2 or 4 size pant and weighed 125 when I got married. I wore a pair of "Isabel" by Jimmy Choo, which have a 2.5" heel with the dress and the length was perfect. We did not touch the length of the dress and I am 5'8".
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Mermaid
- Material: Silk Dupioni
- Neckline: Scoop
- Style: Classic, Glamorous, Modern
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: The day we got married, it rained heavily. While the ceremony was inside, we took photos outside for around 2 hours and while we made every effort to keep the gown off the soaking wet ground, the underneath of the dress got stained with dirt, water stains and wine (during the wedding). I paid $300 for professional dry cleaning at Bluesky Cleaners in Seattle and they did an amazing job removing the water stains (from the rain) on the bottom of the gown. There were also a few darker wine spots that they tried to remove. I have include close up photos of where the stained areas are. The left bottom side of the gown took the beating, so I have included the the best photos possible as an accurate representation. Please note--the stains are noticeable if you are within a few inches from the gown but are very, very light colored. Due to the subtle matte finish of the silk to be honest they almost blend in with the sheen of the gown and would be not noticeable to the naked eye. Someone would need to be standing next to the dress and be holding the bottom of the gown to notice the marks. They are unnoticeable is someone was standing 1 foot or even farther away. To give you an idea, I took the photos of the dress on the hanger standing from 5 feet away. The gown has been stored in a garment bag for the last 6 months in a smoke-free home.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: seattle, WA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.