Ok so I bought the dress in 2008 new from a bridal boutique in Charlotte, NC. My fiancé was in the navy and ended up getting orders to deploy for 9 months so we ended up eloping! I never wore the gown and it actually arrived weeks after we were already married. We originally said we would have a real wedding when he got back from deployment but 6 years later…we still have yet to have the ceremony. Sigh. So I’ve decided to part ways with the dress and now that we have a toddler running around, I don’t think I’ll be getting that ceremony after all.
I want to pass this beauty along to another hopeful bride and encourage her to NOT make the same mistake that so many other women do when they purchase couture gowns! There are so many sites to find used gowns that have stories similar to this one and are still preserved in the original packaging, unwrapped and waiting to make your wedding day as beautiful as your vows :)
Please consider this gown if you are looking for a couture dress and don’t have the money for a new one! This dress is just like NEW and is BEAUTIFUL on and off the hangar! You will feel like a princess in the sweeping train and the hand embroidered beading down the bust and back. The fabric is decadent and a soft ivory that complements even the fairest skin tones (those of you blessed with darker tones…WHOA, look out!).
I’m selling it for such a fair price because I feel that each girl deserves her very own fairy tale wedding and this gown will make you feel like a princess! I’ve had SEVERAL HUNDREDS of dollars put into the alterations and the dress is complete (see below) with a European bustle (think Belle’s dress guys). Please contact me for more pictures and details!
I’ve got several pictures so if you contact me I’ll be happy to email them all to you!
- Alterations: Like I mentioned earlier, the dress is a size 12 BUT I was a size 4-6 at the time of purchase. My bust size however, is a different story. They altered this dress to fit my frame and accommodate for 34DD's. It has an amazing corset inside the gown that will perk up an A/B cup or harness a larger cup size beautifully. The sweetheart neckline is so flattering and my goal was to not have huge cleavage hanging all over the place and this dress keeps it all in there. If you are a bit smaller sized, don't worry because the corset is totally adjustable and the cups are molded so it gives you a lift where it counts and creates a beautiful bust line. Anyway... I also have smaller hips/rump and this dress creates a beautiful hourglass silhouette for someone with curves or a tom boy shape. That's why I chose the gown...it made be look so thin and I felt like Scarlett O'Hara in her green, velvet curtain gown!! No lie girls...if you have some curves this dress will flaunt them off, if you have less (check the stock photo girl with the grim look on her face) the gown creates a sweeping silhouette and accentuates your stature. Just google the gown and see hundreds of other people in this frock and you will see that it does compliment every shape. I also had a European bustle added for dancing/reception which creates an elegant look while holstering that huge train up into shape! That is what cost so much ($500) because they had to re-bead some of the bead-work which was all hand done. It's just beautiful though and if you purchase the gown, you probably won't spend a fraction of what the alterations would have cost. So do the math...Purchase price 2400, alterations 500..almost $3000.00 and I'm asking $800.00 AND willing to negotiate a fair price. Not a bad deal girls.
- Preservation Method: The dress is still in the original Enzoani bag as when I picked it up from the boutique. Never been cleaned, washed, damaged, ripped, walked in, etc. NEVER BEEN WORN (other than in the boutique for fittings). No wine stains or hem stains to worry about. All it may need is a good steaming before your big day. I've stored the gown in my closet in our temperature controlled house along with all of my other dresses (bridesmaid dresses included). It's not sat in an attic, someone's basement, or ever graced the rack of a consignment store. This dress is in PERFECT, READY TO WEAR condition.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.