At the time I was looking for dresses I could not find the style I wanted. I decided to find a dress off the rack that I could re-style. I found my dress and fell in love with the beautiful ethereal lace and tulle and I knew its A-line shape would work for me. What was once a spaghetti strap tiered gown is what you see now! I wanted something more modest and unique than what I was finding in mainstream, yet less covered and traditional than a lot of the “modest” or “temple-ready” options that were out there. I found a seamstress/retired designer who agreed to make my vision a reality.
I put a lot of time, thought, and care into getting my dress to the point it is at today. I would be so happy for someone who loves and appreciates it as much as I do to be its new owner!
- Alterations: This dress was re-styled from spaghetti straps to capped sleeves. A tier of tulle and lace was removed from the skirt and used to create the top portion. Everything above the sweetheart neck-line is sheer with lace appliqué. There is plenty of left-over lace that could be used for a veil....included with the dress! The body of the dress was altered to fit the following measurements: hem- 5'5" with 2 inch heels, bust- 36", waist- 26". Past the natural waist line the dress flairs over the hips. My hips measure 38" and there is plenty of room. My friend who is more curvaceous with a larger bust was also able to fit into the dress. I can send exact measurements and more photos if you are interested.
- Preservation Method: Cleaned but not preserved. Spotless condition!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.