I tried on approximately 10 dresses before trying this one on. I fell in love immediately because it was perfect for a French countryside wedding. This Monique Lhuillier dress is very dreamy: ivory silk chiffon, gorgeous Alencon lace and buttons along the entire back of the dress. It is from her Bliss line. It is lightweight and really easy to move around in. The other dresses I tried on felt stiff but this one had a nice flow, perfect to dance the night away. It may look like a simple dress but is also quite refined in the details. Getting a new dress was out of my budget so I asked the store (Bridal Galleria in SF) if they would sell me the sample. They agreed so I bought it! I got it for 40% off, spent $430 for alterations resulting in a total cost of $2200. It’s been almost a year since our beautiful day and my husband has been nagging me to list this, especially since I was recently laid off and we have a mortgage to pay. I do adore it and would love for someone on a budget to enjoy it as much as I did. Additional pics here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3bz9KhW8Cnrd18tS1BzTHBmRFU&usp=sharing.
- Alterations: The top was taken in with cups added (I needed the boost!). The dress was shortened in the front with lace shifted up and tapered slightly so that the dress had a continuous flow to the back portion of the lace. Very little lace was lost during this process, approximately 2 separate square inches. A loop was added in the back to accommodate an English bustle. There is also a thin "string" to make this dress as a halter. It is was not visible as I wore my hair down and it did provide support with no stress of the dress possibly slipping. :) I am 5’5”, wore cowboy boots with a 1-inch heel and 32B. Because of the A-line of the dress, it would fit ladies of different waist sizes. If you remove the cup inserts, the dress will accommodate at least a C or D cup.
- Preservation Method: I wore the dress twice: once during my wedding in France and once at a reception banquet in the states. I had it cleaned and steamed each time before I wore it but did not do a final cleaning after the reception. There is minimal dirt on the bottom back of the dress as the dress has a slight train and is not noticeable unless you hold it up close up to a light. Otherwise, it is in great condition. The dress has been kept in the original garment bag it came with and is currently hanging on a wall hook so that it does not get crushed. You will want to get a steaming and/or cleaning before wearing the dress to look immaculate.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.