I tried on this dress in a bridal boutique and instantly fell in love with it! It puts a modern glam on a classic style. The key-hole back and beadwork is what sold me on the dress. Although far outside of my budget, I couldn’t help but purchase the dress. So, I am now trying to resell the dress in hopes of repaying my family members who helped me buy it.
This is the description of the dress from Maggie Sottero’s Site:
Slim line gown with button over zipper closure. This intricate lace gown features a beautiful high mandarin keyhole back and a fishtail train finished with scalloped edging. Swarovski crystals are delicately sprinkled throughout with rich decorative beading at the empire waist. http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1399
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 2
- Bust: 32
- Waist: 27
- Hips: 36
- Height with Shoes: 5'8
- Alterations: You can find this dress in most bridal stores, but I did make quite a few alterations (totaling over $500!!) The result is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind gown! What I did learn through the alterations process is that a good tailor can change a gown HOWEVER you wish. So, if you are interested in my dress, but would like a few things changed, I encourage you to show your tailor a picture and see what they can do! 1. Dress was tailored to fit my measurements (see above) and cups were added. 2. The beading around the bust area was removed to soften the look. I wore a removable beaded belt, pictured but not included in the sale. 3. A three-point bustle was added (pictured) 4. The silk lining on the train was trimmed to show off the lace when walking down the aisle and to reduce the weight of the bustle. 5. I lowered the neckline to create a sweetheart style. 6. A few small weights were sewn into the under layer of the dress's lining to give the lining/petticoat more weight. This kept it from bunching between my legs at the reception, and made dancing easy! 7. Added an additional clasp to the back of the dress for added support.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Fit to Flare
- Material: Lace
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Preservation Method: I was married at the end of October 2013, so I have just completed having the dress professionally cleaned/restored. There are no visible stains on the lace of the dress. I currently have it in a plastic garmet bag hanging in my closet. If I am unable to sell the dress within several months, I plan to store it in an air-tight box to prevent any fading or discoloration to the lace.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Houston, TX
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.