I was inspired by the simplicity of Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy’s wedding dress. Like you, I was searching, searching for something unique, simple, elegant. I poured over images online, checked vintage and thrift stores, and visited a few boutiques. Finally, in winter 2010, my sister in law and I visited a hole in the wall bridal spot on Burnet, Balina Bridal. I plucked it off the rack and immediately had that feeling of, ‘this is it’. I didn’t want to try on anything else. It felt a little bit 90?s, classy, hippie, soft but edgy. So versatile, it’s perfect for the semi-formal, classic or alternative bride. (There’s no label, so I’m unsure of the designer.)
I want this special thing to bring happiness to another bride. Along with the dress, I’m including the ivory blusher and mules I found at DSW. They’re pinkish/taupe satin, with a 2” heel and a sweet raw edged silk applique on toe (size 7.5/8).
We were married at sunset at Chapel Dulcinea April 1st, 2011.
For more photos, to see in person or should you have any questions or offers, please email me. Have fun shopping, best of luck in your search. Congratulations!
- Alterations: I don't remember the original size (therefore the sizes listed are approximate). When I tried it on, I practically drowned in it (way to feel super tiny!) so we had it altered. A brilliant seamstress (Maria?) at Mesa Alterations in Austin created a masterpeice. It's a fine cut and hangs beautifully. She preserved the daintily beaded empire waist and spaghetti straps. Rich, thick, silky ivory crepe falls to the floor, and the small train can be secured with a one-pearl mini bustle. there's a hidden back zipper (dress is truly only fitted at ribcage) - my dimensions are roughly: 5’4”, 127lbs, 34 bust, 28 waist, 40 hips.
- Preservation Method: After the wedding, I hand washed in a gentle, all natural non-toxic lavender soap and hung safely in the storage/seller's bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Austin, TX
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.