I completely fell in love with this dress the moment I tried it on. It was more than I’d planned to spend on a dress so I tried quite a few others but nothing compared. It is light and easy to move in and the materials are so high quality. The lace is beautiful, especially the way it waterfalls down the back of the dress, the boning in the corset means it holds up so no pulling and tweaking. I steamed the horsehair at the front so that it wouldn’t stand up quite as sharply, so the overall look of the dress was a little softer.
I looked at so many dresses in magazines and on TV shows like Say Yes to the Dress, I loved that this was was both unusual enough to feel special but also classically elegant.
The dress is from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection so very few people have worn this style yet. I bought the dress at the end of February 2014, it was a rush order for my May wedding.
It is in the original garment bag and has the tag. I can email several more photos.
The Knot profile for the dress: http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/monique-lhuillier/azure-1?ctx=0:2147483647:-1:stylea2z&src=par
- Alterations: I ordered the dress to be made 1" higher on the neckline (from the factory), so that it would be the same height as the sample size I tried on. I was very happy as I think it would be quite low on the chest in a size 2. I am bust size B/C and used pads to line it, it was a perfect fit. The only alteration I had done was to shorten it and add a bustle. I had it hemmed (and the tulle cut) for my height. I am 5'4 and wore 3.5" heels. The bustle is a silk white button and a loop under the lace layer at the back (so that just the tulle would bustle up under the lace). I had the dress professionally cleaned the morning after the wedding and the dress is in great condition. The wedding and reception were indoors and we took some photos outside. The hem got a bit grubby, there are still some slight discolorations on the bottom fabric layer (the inner skirt) and the back of the fabric train layer, both under tulle. The tulle is all white, there are two tears at the base of one layer of the tulle which you don't see against the layers of tulle. I have close up photos of the inner skirt, hem and tulle which I can send you.
- Preservation Method: The dress was dry cleaned professionally by wedding dress specialists the morning after the wedding. It is in the original garment bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Monument, CO
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.