I purchased this beautiful dress for my garden wedding in a seaside town. I purchased the dress from Mark Ingram Atelier in NYC. The dress was not originally part of Oscar de la Renta’s runway collection. The associate at Mark Ingram told me the back story: Upon seeing Look 19 from the Bridal 2012 collection (http://www.oscardelarenta.com/bridal/collections/bridal-2012/look-19) a short dress in extraordinary fabrication, Mark Ingram, the owner of the salon contacted Mr. de la Renta and suggested that the dress be done in a floor length version. The resulting design in this mermaid gown.
The dress is taffeta/organza with a cotton lace scallop overlay and crystals.
- Label Size: 12
- Street Size: 8
- Bust: 35
- Waist: 29
- Hips: 40.5
- Height with Shoes: 5'10
- Alterations: Given that the dress is supposed to be fitted to the body from bust down to mid thigh, there were alterations done by the tailor at Mark Ingram to take in the entire bodice. Thus the dress is more like an 8 at the bust (street size 4) and the waist and a 10 at the hips (street size 6). The dress was ordered to be generously sized to allow for precise alterations. It was also re-hemmed to be floor length with my 3 in heels (I am 5'7"). The length from top to front bottom is 57 in; there is also a slight train (less than a foot) that can be bustled with three ties. Thus the dress would work for anyone 5'7" and under and if you are size 6 street size or below.
- Color: White
- Silhouette: Mermaid
- Material: Lace, Taffeta
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic, Floral, Modern
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: The dress has been maintained on a bust form within the the garment bag that was provided by Mark Ingram Atelier.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.