Stunning dress, classy and elegant but not overly formal, and so flattering. I received so many compliments on it, and it looks great in the photos. The dress is ivory Alencon lace over ivory satin. I believe the dress in the photos on the Alvina Valenta website is ivory lace over champagne satin – the ivory satin is much brighter against the skin. I wore the dress once for my wedding in May 2013, and had it dry cleaned and vaccuum packed shortly afterwards. The dress is softly fluted and has a beautiful 3-tired hem with a sweep train. Purchased at Wedding Atelier in NYC.
The dress came with a 2-inch champagne satin sash, which I didn’t wear and unfortunately do not have anymore. I purchased the sash in the pictures from BridalSashbyTania on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/126446475/wedding-beltsashwedding-sashbridal-sash?ref=shop_home_active_10. (I wasn’t planning on selling the sash, but let me know if this is a make-or-break issue.)
- Alterations: The dress was tailored to fit (including cups sewn in), but otherwise no major alterations. I didn't change the length at all (I'm 5'7', and wore 3'' heels).
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally dry cleaned and vacuum packed within 2 months after the wedding.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.