I bought my dress from White on Daniel Island, just outside of Charleston. Upon ordering the dress, it was handmade in England. I wore the dress for my December 2014 wedding at an indoor venue (though we did do pictures outside for an hour, but not on grass – only sidewalks).
I am 5’7 and wore 3.5 inch heels on my wedding day but the length can easily be shortened. The dress is a UK size 12 but a US size 6/8. I wore a Shoshanna dress in size 6 for the rehearsal dinner, if that helps gauge the size.
Please let me know if you would like more pictures – I would be happy to send them along. Also, if you are in the Chicago area you are more than welcome to try it on in person prior to buying.
- Alterations: A modesty panel was attached via very light stitching so it can be removed or shifted very easily. A bustle was added to the dress (note the bustle pic was during the first dance so you can see the dress still moves quite a bit), as was a wrist-ribbon to hold the train of the dress up while taking pictures before the wedding. The train was not shortened at all.
- Preservation Method: The dress was dry-cleaned immediately after the wedding (the belt was removed during dry cleaning and reattached subsequent to the cleaning to ensure it was not ruined).
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.