I bought this dress for my summer wedding several months before the date. I ended up falling in love with another dress a couple months after ordering it, but it was too late to return the dress to BHLDN. It’s never been worn other than just being tried on.
I got the dress from the BHLDN website – it is actually listed in the bridesmaid section because it comes in a lot of different colors. The dress has tulle panels in front and back that can be used to style the top of the dress multiple ways from strapless to halter to off-the-shoulder. You can look on the BHLDN site to see the various ways it can be styled. It fits true to size with maybe a little extra room in the bust. The construction of the top/bodice area is very solid and not flimsy at all, therefore you would not have to wear a bra if you didn’t want to. It has a simple concealed zipper in the back and an additional tulle sash that comes with the dress.
The feel of the tulle is soft and airy, with a more form-fitting lining underneath. The bodice is lightly pleated to give a little extra detail. I was going to wear a beaded belt similar to the one pictured in the BHLDN images to give it a little something, but it also looks great without a belt or with the tulle sash tied under the bodice. I would say it is a light off-white color, more on the white side than the ivory or champagne side.
I’ve included a photo from the listing on the BHLDN website where I bought it as well as photos of the actual dress. It is a gorgeous and simple gown that gives a much more sophisticated and beautiful look than it’s inexpensive price tag would suggest!
NOTE: Beaded belt shown in first picture not included – that is an accessory on the BHLDN website that they used to style the dress that you can purchase from them separately or add your own belt/sash.
- Alterations: The dress comes with loops that are concealed on the backside of the bodice of the dress, so that you can loop the multi-way tulle panels through them if you decide to style the dress in a manner other than strapless. This is not an alteration that I made - it is how the dress comes from the designer. One of those loops became detached on one side while I was trying it on. It would be an easy fix with just a couple stitches and does not alter anything about the look of the dress. If you are wearing the dress in a strapless style or tying the tulle panels (such as in a halter design), there would be no reason to need to fix the loop.
- Preservation Method: It is being stored in the original BHLDN garment bag that it came in.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.