I cannot even begin to describe how fabulous this dress is! It has sold out worldwide in this size. I received and still receive soo many compliments on it. Kate Middleton wore the black long-sleeved version of this dress not just once but twice in the last year; she wore it to the War Horse premiere and then again in November for the St. Andrews’ Charity Auction Event. The dress landed her on many, many, many best dressed lists for 2012.
The Temperley London Sleeved Amoret Dress is made using luxurious French lace underlaid with a silk contrast lining that accentuates the floral design. A broad scallop edges the v neck line and continues round to the nape of the neck where the dress fastens with a keyhole detail. The body is fitted to just below the hip where it flares into a full length skirt while both the skirt and elegant sleeves are finished with a delicate scalloped edge. Supremely feminine, the Amoret Dress is the ultimate in refined chic, a classic gown that will remain timeless.
Additional Details –
Scalloped trims with eyelash fringing, belt loops, hook-fastening bow-embellished satin belt, detachable zip-fastening silk slip with adjustable straps to line
Button-fastening keyhole, zip and hook fastenings at back
48% viscose, 35% cotton, 17% polyamide; lining: 100% silk
Length: 62in / 157.5cm, from shoulder
Label size reads – UK 10 / US 6, however with the alterations I think this fits closer to a US4 now.
I purchased the dress off net-a-porter.
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 33
- Waist: 27.5
- Hips: 35
- Height with Shoes: 5'11
- Alterations: I had my dress professionally altered by the Williamsburg Seamster; who had the highest ratings of all dress makers on Yelp and has appeared in the New York times The dress maker took the dress in through the waist; it probably fits closer to a US4 / UK8 now. I also had her reinforce the lace near the armpits of the dress; as it was quite delicate and I didn't want it to rip or tear on the big day if I hugged or danced too aggressively. You cannot tell - see the picture I posted of the underarm.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Sheath
- Material: Lace
- Neckline: V-neck
- Style: Belt/Sash, Classic, Glamorous
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally dry cleaned after the wedding, which took place in late December 2012. It has been kept in a garment back and out of direct sunlight since then.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: New York,
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.