I bought this beautiful dress in a rather unexpected place: Columbus, Georgia!
Hailing from NYC (originally from the Northwest), I’d been looking at this dress for weeks in the 6th Avenue store in Manhattan. They only had samples available in larger sizes, but even pinned and tucked, I had a feeling this was the one. I eventually tried on this dress and three or four others with some of my closest friends and bridesmaids. With my mom living in Arizona, they were my best local advisers! Still, I wasn’t ready to buy until I could try it on in my size.
When my husband and I made the trip south to his home on the Alabama-Georgia border last summer, I was ready to buy the dress. But I wanted to wear it one last time before I committed. My sweet, sweet mother-in-law drove with me to the store in Columbus, and I tried the dress on a final time (in my size!), complete with shoes and accessories. It felt perfect.
The classic silhouette, delicate lace, and understated beading were exactly what I wanted. The champagne color with the ivory overlay wasn’t something I had looked for, specifically, but I loved that it was just a little different than your all-white dress. And the NECKLINE. That’s what I loved the most. The deep V’s in both the front and the back were first to catch my attention when I saw the dress initially, and they’re still my favorite features.
- Alterations: My alterations were done by George at Hallak Cleaners on Manhattan's Upper East Side. They're one of the top cleaning and alterations businesses in New York City and members of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists. George was incredibly diligent with his work, and the end result of my alterations far exceeded my expectations. We made very minor adjustments to the side seams (taken in slightly at waist and just below hips), shortened hem in front (the train is still its original chapel length), and added a one-point English bustle. All beads and the delicate lace trim on the hem remain intact and looking very good. There are only a couple very small worn edges of lace at the hem; they're almost imperceptible. An additional hook-and-eye closure was added to the back just above the zipper because I'm small-busted; this can easily be removed.
- Preservation Method: My dress was professionally cleaned after the wedding. The woman who detailed it does impeccable work, and after an outdoor ceremony (we had a fall wedding in upstate New York), I swear it looks like new. Besides wearing it during the ceremony and reception, the dress has remained hanging in the original, breathable David's Bridal garment bag since the day I got it. I can confidently say you could buy it today and wear it as soon as you get it.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Denver, CO
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.