I bought this Alita Graham dress as a sample while I was scouring the earth for my gown — it was truly a scour, since I had to come to New York from Israel to find it. It was beautiful. My mom cried when I put it on. The floral pattern of the lace skirt, the Rita Hayworth-style ruched v-neck bodice, the delicate white buttons gracing the back. It was glamour at first site. The dress is still unworn, alas, because in my instant love of the gown I neglected to remember that it would be too much luxurious fabric for my middle of the summer, south Florida wedding. Two of the very things I loved it for — its thick layers of lace in the skirt, and the fitted silk taffeta bodice, were what made me save it for the next girl. It would have been the perfect dress for a less humid, less beachy affair. I ended up wearing an airier Oscar de la Renta, and kept this dress until I could find someone to love it.
- Label Size: 12
- Street Size: 8
- Height with Shoes:
- Alterations: No alterations made. Dress is stil original length, which is plenty long enough for even the leggiest among you to alter down to the right length. Bodice has great shape to it -- the boning and the shape of the neckline, with those buttons in the back, will make anyone look like a movie star. As someone with a tiny waist relative to my hips, it was exciting to see something that, sans alterations, suited me. If you're looking for a throwback hollywood shape, this dress does it.
- Color: White
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Lace, Silk, Taffeta
- Neckline: V-neck
- Style: Classic, Corset, Glamorous, Open Back, Ruching, Vintage
- Condition: New, Sample
- Preservation Method: Original plastic protector. Dress will require simple length alterations, possible slight tweaks in bodice, and dry cleaning for bottom of dress in particular. Can recommend vendors.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Brooklyn,
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.