I tried this dress on at the salon (the consultant put me in it even though it was hundreds over my budget), and of course I fell in love. I tried several other salons, but couldn’t get this dress out of my head. My husband and I decided that we would just splurge on the dress and try to sell it afterwards to try to even out our budget.
From Sottero: Intricate lace motifs adorn this tulle fit and flare silhouette with soft sweetheart neckline and scalloped edging. Finished with corset closure.
I love the scalloped lace neckline and bottom of the dress. The lace detail is absolutely beautiful, the color is just right–not too bright, but a beautiful ivory. The corset back makes the fit a bit variable–no worrying about a few pounds dropped or gained in the weeks before the wedding!
- Alterations: There are two small tears in the tulle/lace layer, but I think one of the lace patches could easily be moved to cover. One of the tears is right by the bustle loop, and the other is right next to the scalloped lace hem on the back. I had the hem brought up a few inches (I am 5' 4" and had 2" heels), and the seamstress went through and fixed the Maggie Sottero manufacturing imperfections to make sure the fabric lay perfectly flat underneath the lace. A French bustle was also added. I spent $360 on alterations. For sentimental reasons, I am keeping the belt, but you can purchase the same one from Maggie Sottero or other nice ones on Etsy or elsewhere.
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally dry-cleaned right after the wedding and is still in the dress bag.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Eureka,
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.