I purchased this dress at a local bridal boutique. The seamstress who altered it is a “couture-trained” seamstress with expertise in lace and did a beautiful job crafting the lace sleeves and replacing the existing lace. I was searching for an all-lace dress, but found that those seemed to add width in an unflattering way and fell in love with the sort of compromise of the silk, organza, and lace combination of this dress. Dress is ivory with a subtle sweetheart neckline and mid-length train– it feels like a very quality gown (in comparison with the feel of cheap David’s Bridal dresses, if you’ve had that experience), but it wasn’t too hot for an outdoor August wedding. Alencon lace cap sleeves are removable. I also loved that this designer creates “eco couture” dresses with ethically harvested silk and other materials.
- Alterations: Snap on/off cap sleeves made from fine quality French Alencon lace were added-- these are easily added or removed (I took them off for dancing at the reception on the dance floor). The lace over the chest was replaced with the same Alencon lace to match the cap sleeves. Bustle added Flower on back replaced with a more elegant lace/silk/pearl flower Can send lots more pictures of lace details, dress without sleeves, flower, etc. by email.
- Preservation Method: Dry cleaned and stored
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.