From Adele Wechsler’s eco couture II collection. If you are looking for an earth friendly gown, which is also elegant and unique, this is it. The “Amira”; boatneck, sculptured, draped A-line gown with plunge V back, French ribbon embroidered cotton lace adds feminine detailing. 100% vegetable-dyed silk. Handcrafted in Canada.
This dress was purchased as an unaltered sample at Glamour Closet in San Francisco. Adele Wechsler stopped designing a few years ago, so you will not find this dress in just any typical bridal store. Glamour Closet is one of only four retailers left (3 in the US and 1 in Canada) still selling the last of her samples. You will not find an Amira listed anywhere online, so this likely one of the last available.
This gown is very sophisticated and the plunging open back adds a surprising sexy touch. The fabric is a gorgeous, organic, dupioni silk. I am pear shaped (size 4 on top and 8 on bottom) and this dress fits like a glove. It is very flattering, your waist will look tiny! The a-line skirt flares out just enough to skim your hips, while still having a slim silhouette. After I bought this dress, my fiancé and I decided to get married in the middle of the forest, so I had to find a more casual and natural feeling dress.
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 36
- Waist: 28
- Hips: 40
- Height with Shoes: 5'10"
- Alterations: This is an unaltered sample, original sample, size 6. I am 5'4" and wearing a 3" heel I was still planning to shorten the hem. The dress has only minor imperfections: The underside of the bottom of the gown and train are a bit dirty from it being tried on in the store, but I have been assured that this can be easily cleaned. If you are average height or shorter you will probably be hemming this area off during your alterations. The bustle cover (small flap of fabric) also needs to be reattached on one side.
- Color: White
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Silk Dupioni
- Neckline: Boatneck
- Style: Applique, Classic, Glamorous, Modern, Open Back
- Condition: Sample
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: Has been hanging in cloth garment bag since purchase.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Location: San Mateo, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.