Shortly after my engagement, I went wedding dress browsing with a couple girlfriends. I wasn’t prepared to try anything on, but they talked me into it. This was the third dress I tried on but it was two sizes too big. We left the store and I didn’t think much of it.
A few months later, I had organized an official wedding-dress-shopping day with my mom, youngest sister, future mother-in-law and future sister-in-law. We went to several stores and I probably tried on 50 dresses. No luck.
Finally, I suggested we go back to the store I had visited earlier in the year. Low and behold, they had the same dress I tried on and in my size. I put it on and instantly knew it was a match. Everyone oo-ed and aw-ed when I walked out and the rest is history.
The dress is from Group USA and is by designer Christian Michele. It’s an ivory, tiered lace dress with beading detail and lace edging on the bodice and around the train.
- Alterations: I had the dress taken in on the sides less than a half inch, so this dress would work best for a small-busted gal , like myself. The bottom was taken up an inch or so to match my heels. I'm 5' 6" and wore shoes with a two-inch heel, so it's still decently long.
- Preservation Method: The dress was dry cleaned and has been in a protective bag in a climate-controlled area since my wedding in Sept. 2011. It's in great condition. A couple of the beads fell off during the reception, but the gown was bustled for my indoor celebration, so the bottom lacing along the bottom looks great.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Stillwater, OK
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.