I purchased this dress in 2005 at David’s Bridal. During a time when they were literally selling plus size dresses with sequins (sequins!), this was the most simple and elegant dress offered, and I fell in love with it.
There is floral embroidery with a few crystal beads that do not overpower the simplicity of the dress. The embroidery is on the bodice, on the long train, and on the bottom of the front of the dress as it circles around.
The dress is extremely slimming – it was a worry of mine (as I’m sure it is of every bride). The bodice cinches very flatteringly below the bust. Also the bodice covered up that part between the boobs and the armpits (you know what I’m talking about: chicken fat?). Now if I could find something like that for every day, I’d be pretty happy.
I only wore the dress for the ceremony, so it is free of any wine stains! It was 110 degrees the day I had my outdoor wedding, so we had to change to save ourselves from a heat stroke honeymoon.
- Alterations: The only alterations made to the dress were bustling buttons added to the back.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been stored in my cedar hope chest since the time of my wedding to preserve it, in the original David's Bridal bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Rockford, IL
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.