The minute I saw this one, my best friend and I knew it was the right dress – it felt like me. is truly unique, it is super cool – a mix of antique, romantic, and classic lines. Also this one is ivory lace over a champagne silk, so it has a tint unlike most of the other Marisa 898s you’ll find online. The color is amazing. Worn one day, July 13, 2013 – ceremony and reception. Portland Art Museum. I planned to add a sash but after altering the dress it was completely unnecessary, so instead we added a broche to the back low down after the ceremony for the bustle – gorge!! See the pics… if you want to see more, please email me.
It was very early in the search and the wedding planning, so I looked at a few other stores, and then reasoned it was about finding this one used because it was FAR more than I had budgeted new. All of this was quickly squelched when my other bridesmaid came to Portland to visit me and I took her to show her the dress and few others – no contest. I found it used for sale, but not in my size, and so that was it. I bought it new and I do not regret it one bit, as the look on my husband’s face when he saw it for our ‘first look’ is forever ingrained in my mind. Now that the wedding is past, and we are expecting our first little nugget in August, I am motivated to sell it — allow someone else to wear it, feel glamorous, stunning, and real, and put those funds back into raising my daughter…. :)
- Alterations: I had very little altered professionally: length (I am 5'4''), and slight waist/bust changes (34 x 28 x 36). The seamstress was particularly skilled with lace and you cannot tell there were any changes made. On the inside, she sewed not cups but instead boning, to give the dress more form and shape, but keep it natural looking.
- Preservation Method: I had the dress professionally cleaned for $80+ shipping and taxes by Bridal Kare (www.bridalkare.com) - they did an excellent job - I would highly recommend them
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Portland, OR
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.