I absolutely adore this gown. It was my dream dress for a wintertime urban loft wedding with a romantic industrial theme. I purchased it at an Allure trunk show in 2013. The dress was $1200, veil was $130 and slip was $60. I paid more than $1600, alterations included. All 3 items are included in the asking price of $800.
The gown is ivory with a lace bodice and sweetheart neckline. What really makes the dress is the sheer illusion neckline that everyone said looked very ‘Audrey Hepburn.’ With it’s high neck and lace cap sleeves, it has a modest feel although when you turn around, the sexy open back plunges down. My seamstress added an adorable bow in the back that looks like a satin belt tied around the waist. It has an easy zipper back closure with elegant covered buttons that run the length of the train. The classic tulle ball gown skirt features a chapel length train.
The veil pictured is included in the price. It’s fingertip length with satin edging and a metal hairclip.
A floor-length slip in size small is included in the price. It has a slight poof but mostly makes the netting not scratchy on your legs.
The dress was worn in a century-old loft and some parts of the train did snag on the wooden floor. There are no other defects.
- Alterations: The dress has had extensive alterations costing $250. Nude fabric: The illusion neckline was outfitted with nude fabric to hide a tattoo on my shoulder. The pale fabric reads as skin and looks natural. It goes throughout the lace back for a cohesive look. It may be removed or replaced. Bow: A satin belt was sewn on with a custom-made satin bow above the rear that hung down to around the back of my knees. Waist: The waist was let out very slightly. I'm 125lbs and it fits comfortably without being too tight or constricting. It could be let out more or taken in significantly. Sleeves: The sleeves were altered to fit snuggly rather than the baggy appearance that you see if you Google "Allure 8972." Skirt: The front of the skirt was shortened so that it barely touches the ground, making it very easy to walk. I never had to pick it up when walking. I am 5'5" and wore flats. Bustle: A 5-point bustle was installed that allows the skirt to keep it's ball gown integrity while not dragging on the floor. Bra cups: Small cups were sewn into the bodice, making a bra unnecessary. I wear a 34B and they fit perfectly. The cups may be replaced.
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally cleaned at a dry cleaners ($150) and has been stored in a plastic covering and cloth garment bag in a smoke-free home.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Wichita, KS
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.