This is a Jim Hjelm (style #8962) Ivory Silk Satin Faced Organza A-line bridal gown, strapless embroidered bodice with crystals and hand-cut Silk Organza, Chiffon and Charmeuse, natural waist accented with custom/more detailed sash (original plain ivory sash also included), bias cut asymmetrical ruffle skirt, chapel train.
I wore this during my wedding which was October 9, 2010.
This dress was featured in our local “Brides of Oklahoma” magazine and in the “Perfect Wedding Guide”. I received so many compliments on this dress. It is absolutely stunning, especially with the custom sash I had made. The dress is also very comfortable, not heavy, bulky or hard to get around in.
It is in excellent condition. However, there is one small three inch tear at the very bottom of the gown that can be easily repaired or removed. There are no stains or other flaws on the dress with the exception of a few areas on the bottom/underneath side of the dress where the hem meets the floor, these are very light and not noticeable unless you pull the hem up from the floor and turn it inside out.
I paid $5200 for this dress (not including alterations).
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 35
- Waist: 25.75
- Hips: 37.5
- Height with Shoes: 5'10
- Alterations: The dress was taken in a few inches, a bustle and bust cups (D) were also added. Bust cups could be used as-is, replaced with a different size cup or removed entirely. I liked having the bust cups because I didn't have to wear a bra and it was more comfortable. I am almost 5'7" and I wore 3" heels with this dress.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Aline
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: The dress has been safely stored in its hanging bag. I did not have it professionally preserved because there are no local, reputable preservationists in Oklahoma City and I just haven't taken the time to ship it somewhere out-of-state.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.