My wedding was at a historic stone hotel in the mountains and all I knew was that I wanted a wedding dress that had a somewhat vintage feel to it. When I tried on this dress, I knew it was perfect. It has a subtle gold thread woven into the lace that gives the dress a very elegant vintage look. There are so many lace dresses out there, but the lace on this dress really acts to enhance the curves of the dress. It is most noticeable on the straps, the bust, the waist. Then it winds down the dress in patches and comes back to prominence at the bottom where it frames the edges, giving it the most romantic look. The tulle under the lace makes the dress move beautifully. I received so many compliments on the dress from our guests and even people staying at the hotel who were just passing by when we took photos. I am sad to see it go; but let’s face it, I will never have a need to wear it again. I am willing to do whatever shipping method you would like. Feel free to make an offer.
- Alterations: I ordered this dress from a reputable wedding dress retailer in February 2013 and received it in August 2013. I had the length shortened to fit my 5'4 height (I wore flats for my wedding). It just skims the ground on me now. The seamstress had to remove and then re-sew some of the lace back on the bottom when it was shortened. I was told there may be some very small holes in the tulle where the lace was put back. They said this was unavoidable because the tulle is so delicate. I scanned the dress when it was done, but did not see any holes. I also had the sleeves shortened and the fabric right under the armpit taken in slightly. I weighed 130 pounds when I got married and the dress was fitted to my body, but not overly tight. You can e-mail me if you have more questions about my body measurements.
- Preservation Method: I didn't get any stains on the dress during the wedding day. I wore it for 14 hours total. I haven't had it cleaned yet because it doesn't look like it needs it. I was told the cleaning process can sometimes harm the lace. I would only have it cleaned at a reputable cleaners and I have been quoted $200. Therefore, I leave it up to you whether you want me to clean it and add the cost onto the selling price or if you want to have it cleaned or just steamed yourself.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Milford, NJ
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.