This is an absolutely fabulous designer gown! I fell in love with it over a year before my wedding and it was the FIRST item I purchased as a bride-to-be. The Venice lace is accented with pearls and crystal “diamonds” which makes the detail absolutely dazzling. If you have never seen this gown in person you need to!
The gown as a whole is well-made and includes a corset sewn into the dress that eliminates the need for any separate undergarments (unless you just want to wear something pretty underneath anyway). I have been to weddings where the bride has worn a sleeveless gown and is constantly tugging at her top because it feels loose…that was never the case for me! The corset sits on the hips very comfortably and holds the top up so that it feels sturdy. The silk band around the waist emphasizes your figure so that it isn’t lost in the poofiness of the skirt. The overall shape of the dress is so elegant and flattering to any figure. It is relatively easy to wear – my husband and I did a 3-part choreographed 1st dance (as a surprise for our family and guests!) and I was able, with a little practice, to tango, waltz and rumba without a problem once I’d bustled the train.
- Alterations: I purchased this dress brand new in August 2012 and had some small alterations done to it before my wedding in March 2013. I had it hemmed to fit my height (appx. 5' 8" in heels), added a bustle to the train and cups to the bust area (total cost $300).
- Preservation Method: I have worn the dress twice - once to do bridal portraits and once on my wedding day. After the bridals and again after the wedding the hemline was a bit dirty, and both times my seamstress spot cleaned the hem and made it look new again! There is minor wear to the dress (photos to come)- but it looks almost as good as the day I bought it! I have not had it fully, professionally dry-cleaned. As I said, my seamstress spot cleaned the hem and has it looking great! I will add photos of the tags and hem ASAP. Please contact me if you would like more information.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Houston, TX
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.