I purchased this gown at a local bridal salon. Out of the myriad of gowns, the rosette skirt on this gown caught my eye. It was definitely over my budget, but I knew this was the gown for my wedding – so I meddled with the budget a few weeks to make the purchase work! It is a glamorous, modern and romantic dress. The mermaid shape is very feminine, as is the sweetheart neckline. In contrast to a true white, the natural white color is more flattering on most skin types. The ruched silk is simply spectacular…it feels wonderful, is flattering and it really enhances your shape. I ultimately chose this gown because it was romantic and modern – my wedding took place at a modern art museum right next to the beach. I wore my dress throughout the entire wedding and loved it completely.
- Alterations: I had alterations done at the bridal salon where I purchased the gown. The gown was not hemmed. With heels, I was 6' on the day of the wedding. The dress was originally a size 12. This size was needed mostly due to my hips. Very little was taken in in that area. My bust and waist were tailored down to my shape. Cups were sewn in to the bust area. A bustle was installed. My measurements in the dress were: hips - 39"; waist - 26", bust 32D.
- Preservation Method: The wedding was Saturday evening. Monday morning I took it to the wedding gown cleaners. Because I took it in so quickly, all of the little marks and stains on the bottom part of the gown (from dancing, walking around, etc...) were able to be removed. It looks clean and beautiful!
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.