I bought this dress brand new at a local wedding boutique. I was the first owner, and it has been professionally cleaned and boxed for maximum preservation. As would be expected, I wore the dress for a short period of time on one day. This dress is incredibly flattering. It is classic, beautiful, and elegant–some may describe it as vintage looking. The Chantilly Lace is exquisite. I had this dress made in white, opposed to cream, which I found very flattering, as it made my skin look brighter and my body look leaner. The sweetheart neckline enhances shape and highlights your decollate. The sash emphasizes your waist line, making it look smaller. The long line of buttons down the back (discussed in the alterations section) provide a long line down the back, and the open keyhole back, along with Chantilly Lace cap sleeves, is unique, feminine, and stunning, a modern touch on an otherwise classic dress. There is just enough tulle underneath for a lovely shape, without being difficult to walk or dance in or heavy. I was married in the summer, outdoors, and was never hot in this dress. Finally, the bottom hem is scalloped, with a beautiful, moderate train and very easy-to-do, classic bustle. I cannot say enough how many compliments I got on this dress, how comfortable it was to wear (dance the night away!), and how beautiful it looks on; it is truly the perfect wedding dress.
- Alterations: Primarily the length was shortened, with the beautiful scalloped lace hem preserved for the shorter length In terms of alterations, there were no others for fit, so this dress is extremely similar to the off-the-rack version, except for the stylist alterations discussed below. I paid extra to have beautiful buttons down the entire back line added; this is not included on the original dress. The photos show what a classic touch the buttons add. I received so many compliments during and after the wedding on the dress and its gorgeous back. Also, Paloma Blanca has the sash tie as a bow. I had this altered to be a sash without a bow, for a cleaner look. I imagine it would be an easy change if you wanted to make it a bow. I prefer to keep the broach, but you could buy any broach you like, ranging from expensive to affordable, customizing it with your own personal touch--perhaps something with color for variety or any similar faux pearl and faux diamond broach like the Paloma Blanca one. I had cups sown in, so you do not have to wear a bra, but they are very easy to remove and/or replace if you choose.
- Preservation Method: I paid for thorough professional local dry cleaning, and it has been boxed carefully, in order to preserve the color, shape, and fabric. There is a mold upholding the shape of the top in the box.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: , CO
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.