I excitedly bought this dress at a sale one week after becoming engaged. It was several sizes too big for me but had the bones of what I wanted. After a few alterations I realized I wanted something much less traditional and so I never wore it.
The dress has a beautiful lace top and flowing a-line organza skirt. The bodice has been taken in to fit a size 6 and the skirt has been tamed. The original dress had a thick, slate blue sash which has been removed. I’m 5’6″, 34-28-36.
Hopefully my loss will be someone’s gain. The dress retailed for $1800 and I spent $750 plus $150 in alterations. I have more photos that can be provided.
- Alterations: Bodice brought in from a 14 to a 6. Sash removed Darts added to bodice to make it more form-fitting. Crinoline removed from under-skirt and skirt has been slimmed.
- Preservation Method: Professional dry-cleaned and currently hanging in a garment bag in the seamstress' studio.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.