From the website:
“Classy wedding dresses from Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012 bridal collection. Above, guipure lace sweetheart bustier worn with silk taffeta pick-up balloon skirt.”
This dress is a skirt and bodice combo. I purchased it at Marina Morrison in San Francisco November 2012 and wore it at my May 2013 wedding. The bodice is covered in a gorgeous ivory lace. The skirt is made of lighter than air ivory taffeta silk. It is asymmetrical in the front with high-low hem. Not only will it show off the designer shoes you splurged on, it picks up the lightest breeze and looks as if you are floating around when you walk. We had the ceremony out in the middle of a field and our guests couldn’t stop talking about how beautifully if flowed in the breeze. This also helps keep you cool on hot summer wedding days! The hem also resisted getting dirty as I walked around that day on the ranch. You can also let out the three stitches holding up the hem and it can be floor length is front if you wish like in the first photo. The skirt fits over the bodice and has lovely pleating at the waistband. It sits at the waist so hips are free.
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 36
- Waist: 28
- Hips: free
- Height with Shoes: 5'10'
- Alterations: The bodice was taken in to create a more fitted top and smoother look. I wear a 36C bra and a size 6 in everyday dresses. The skirt band was made wider so that the skirt would sit lower on the bodice and show more of the gorgeous venetian lace. This also gave it a more flattering waistline. The skirt is meant to be asymmetrical in the front, so I had them adjust the way it was ruched up. Now it shows just the right amount of shoe. The one of me in the dressing room is of the actual dress you will be buying. You can adjust the ruching to your liking. It's just held up by a few stitches. I've uploaded a few different versions I found online of the skirt ruching so you can tailor it to your liking. You also don't have to worry about tripping when you walk. For the bustle, it is a simple bubble hem that tucks under and is secured by a few buttons. You won't have to worry about the bustle being undone when someone steps on you like with other types of bustles.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Ballgown
- Material: Lace, Silk, Taffeta
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic, Corset, Glamorous, Not white, Ruching, Two piece
- Preservation Method: I had the dress dry cleaned shortly after the wedding. It is being stored in the bridal salon's fabric hanging bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.