Carolina Herrera Ivory and White “Silk Rice Taffeta” Wedding Dress Style 32720
From the moment I saw this dress in Martha Stewart Weddings I knew I had to try it on. Lucky for me, at the time, I resided in San Francisco and the prestigious Marina Morrison Bridal Boutique in Union Square carried it. I booked the appointment for the next day and the rest is history. This gorgeous show stopping dress is not done justice in the pictures. This is not your average dress. It is modern while soft, edgy and traditional. To this day I receive compliments about how beautiful and unique my dress was. I have nostalgically held onto this dress for years, taking it out of the bag often to just admire it’s beauty. Unfortunately an unexpected and costly out of state move has forced me to part ways with it. I am hopeful this will go to a beautiful bride or debutant who love it as much as I have. If you have longed for a couture gown but your budget has limited you, this is definitely the place to be.
This Carolina Herrera has a slight sweetheart neckline with a mermaid shape in high quality light ivory silk taffeta with a “rice” pattern which matches the soft geometric shapes accenting the bust and knees, high quality silk gross grain ribbons in soft white (a specially ordered choice and a rare not often found combination for this style) and a long billowy train which can be tucked up for dancing into a 5 point bustle which truly allows the train to maintain it’s drama. The inside does contain a built in bone bustier to help hold up the gown. I did wear a strapless bra but if you have smaller breasts you may be able to go without. The material is very light weight so it would be suitable for an indoor or outdoor wedding and stylish wise would be appropriate for either.
The dress has no damage to it, no stains, no rips or tears. I was extremely cautious on my wedding day and did not let it touch the street.
I paid full price for this dress which was about $6200 and then an additional $1k for alterations. I am asking for half of that but of course I am willing to entertain best offers. I accept Escrow.com as well as cash in person (in the Pennsylvania area) and paypal. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. I cannot run the risk that the dress would be damaged in any way then returned to me unable to sell. If you are able to do cash in person, I can be much more flexible about the price.
Info about me and my body/sizing: I am 5 ft tall without heels, in this dress I was 5’5. I weigh 110 lbs and have a 34DD breast cup. I normally wear a 4/6 in dresses, 25/26 in jeans, xs or small in shirts that do not have buttons.
- Alterations: Extensive Alterations were performed on this dress costing me a total of $1000 extra. I am a mere five feet tall but do have a rather large chest (34DD) for my size and so that is why the dress was ordered in a 12 and altered down to a street size 6. As I am sure you are aware, a wedding dress that is a 12 is not necessarilly a street size 12 but I do wear between a 4 and 6 in street sized dresses. At the time I was a tad heavier so I would say this is more like a 6. Further alterations can be performed to bring the waist, chest and hips in. I am not certain it can be taken out by much but I was told it would be possible to lengthen it a small amount (was debating higher/platformed heels at the time). I did wear a 5 inch heel so you can factor that into it's length. The bow that was attached to the back of the dress was moved to the front and can be easily removed or moved back to it's original position. From the mid point of the chest where the dress begins to the very bottom it seems to be 47 inches (hanging). From the armpit to floor it is 49 inches (hanging). **PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH QUESTIONS & ADDITIONAL MEASUREMENT REQUESTS**
- Preservation Method: The dress has been preserved in it's original garment bag and will be cleaned free of charge before shipping.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: , PA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.