I dreamed about my wedding dress, and when I finally found this one, my dream came true. I wanted a dress that was first and foremost figure flattering, but also complimented if not commanded the underlying feel of our wedding day, which aimed at a vintage-romantic, French jazz age feel.
This ivory dress hugs your curves without revealing too much, and the layers of beautiful lace make it architectural but playful – even moreso bustled, which I loved as much as with the chapel train! It’s an incredibly stylish dress, but timeless at the same time (the layers at the bottom of the dress, I later discovered, were strikingly similar to my mom’s wedding dress from more than 30 years ago). The detailing is exquisite, and it was easy to add some glam with chandelier earrings and a sparkly headpiece. I wore it with a mantilla lace veil, though it looks gorgeous with a birdcage veil, too. The dress itself zips up, but you will need a hand with the buttons in the back.
You really get the quality and glamour of a Lazaro dress, but the sweetness of a romantic lace gown. My wedding and reception were both indoors and it was a dry day, so there is not a lot of wear on the dress, just a little discoloration on the underside of the bottom of the dress. (Please see preservation method for more information.)
The original price for this dress at the shop I purchased it from was $4,200. I bought it for $3,400 because the store had two in-stock, and as a result can pass this savings along!
You can read more about this dress at http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Additional/Style-3101.
Official description: Ivory pleated silk organza bridal trumpet gown, alencon lace bodice, sweetheart neckline with lace and petal accent at one shoulder, bias band at natural waist with petals at back, sheer net trumpet skirt with lace appliqué and pleated organza tiers, chapel train.
- Alterations: The gown is labeled as a size 10, which in Lazaro size is more like a size 2. I'm 5'5'' and 125 lbs, and I had the dress taken out about half an inch on the sides and added padded cups to the bust area, so it fits more like a size 4. My measurements are 34 x 27 x 35 (I am a C-cup). The bottom of the front of the dress was hemmed from the waist line about two inches as to not alter the layering of the lace. I wore four-inch heels on my wedding day, so that said the dress might be too short for a woman taller than 5'9' or so depending on footwear'. Additionally, a few buttons (camouflaged because of the color) were added to the back of the dress for the bustle - they are easily removable should you choose a different bustle, but there and in-tact if you need them. Finally, the dress was nipped just about an inch below the hip area to create more of a trumpet flare. I wore no shapewear with this gown, because I didn't have to - it gives a wonderful hour glass shape!
- Preservation Method: None yet. Please contact me for further information!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: , OH
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.