So, I have a little bit of commitment issues (go figure now that I’m a newlywed) and after finally making the big decision to purchase this gorgeous Lazaro gown, I never actually ended up wearing it for my wedding! This means the dress is BRAND NEW WITH TAGS! Here’s the quick version of how I have come to sell this $5,000, unworn, mint condition, designer gown for a bargain price!
I purchased my dress from Mon Amie Bridal Salon in Orange County last July. After the dress finally arrived in the store and I picked it up in February of this year, I began having doubts the dress wasn’t going to fit with the ever-evolving theme of my wedding. Since I know it wasn’t an option to return the dress, I went forward with getting the few minor necessary alterations (see details below). While at my final fitting last month (two days before I left for my out-of-the country destination wedding, which was May 25th), it suddenly hit me that this wasn’t the dress I was meant to walk down the aisle, barefoot on the beach in Belize.
Though I was in love with the dress and as much as everyone raved about its uniqueness and intricacy, I now wanted the complete opposite; a simple flowy dress, much cooler for the Caribbean climate. On a whim, I ended up going to a sample sale bridal store next door to my tailor and found the new dress of my dreams within 30 minutes (which my poor seamstress has to alter in less than 48 hours before I got on the plane to get married). Crazy, I know. But in the end, this was one of the best decisions I have ever made and my new dress was the absolute perfect fit for me. Now, hopefully my original dress can be the perfect fit for you! ;)
An extra bonus is that that the weekend I happened to buy my dress at Mon Amie, the designer Lazaro Perez was doing an in-store appearance and drawing personal sketches for each bride. I am happy to include the original 11″ x 14″ Lazaro sketch of this gown if you end up buying my dress! What an amazing piece of art to frame in your house, right next to a photo of you looking beautiful in the dress at your wedding!
I also paid $100 for extra silk organza fabric from the designer, as my original plan was to add straps. I have several extra yards of the fabric, which I will include with the dress.
This is an incredibly detailed, art deco inspired gown, with hand-worked crystal beading and intricate embroidery. The strapless neckline is slightly curved and the back is just low enough to add a wow factor. The empire bodice flows into a silk organza ruffled tiered A-line skirt and stunning sweep train. Versatile enough for all styles of brides, whether you are seeking old, Hollywood glamour or a more bohemian “shipwreck chic” beach wedding.
Link to designer website: http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Additional/Style-3059
Link to video of runway show, featuring Style 3059: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwnbbeSLeWg
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 33
- Waist: 27
- Hips: 36.5
- Height with Shoes: 5.9
- Alterations: The only minor alterations done were that I had a bustle sewn in (bonus for you!), added cups to the bust, and had the waist and bust adjusted in to fit my measurements. The length was also taken in slightly, as my plan was to wear it barefoot for the ceremony and then with flat sandals for the reception. My tailor used some of the extra fabric to add thin straps, but these can be easily cut out, if you would prefer to keep it strapless.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Chiffon, Embellishment, Organza, Silk
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Glamorous, Open Back, Ruffles, Vintage
- Condition: New
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: Brand new and has never been worn, except in the tailor's shop for a few minutes for alterations. While I took my new dress on the plane with me to Belize, this Lazaro gown stayed safely in its garment bag hanging in my closet in West Hollywood. It hasn't been touched since!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.