I was planning on having my wedding dress made by a local tailor, however I bought my dress at a local shop after I had gone on two previous shopping trips to New Orleans in order to figure out which features of different dresses that I would want in one dress. I had looked in magazines/online and saw the stock photo for this style and cautiously fell in love with it. I found which local shop carried it, made an appointment and just told them what dress I wanted. The had a size 14 on the rack, and being that I was a size 26 at this time, we were able to unzip the size 14 and hold it against the front of my body. LOVED IT! I knew IMMEDIATELY this was the one. My bff/MOH called it perfectly when she said that my dress was the wedding dress that Rose from Titanic would wear in the year 2013. This dress truly made me feel like the Goddess that I am, and on my wedding day, there was nothing more important than that. I hope this dress can make another plus sized bride feel the same way!
The thing that convinced me that this absolutely was my perfect wedding gown were the features on the front of the skirt known as godets- where an extra piece of fabric is sewn into a skirt making it flare while adding width and volume and and giving the skirt a wider range of motion. Perfect for twirling.
The layers of the fabric include French Tulle with beaded lace appliques, Organza and Satin. There is a beaded belt right under the bustline. Chapel length train, sweetheart neckline.
- Alterations: I had a custom fitting of the dress in May of 2013, and the measurements were 55, 48 1/2, 63 1/2. I did a custom fitting because my hips are the widest part of me, and if I had just ordered a sized dress and then had it altered to fit my body, it would have cost more than simply starting with a custom fitting and then making moderate and more specific alterations later. When the dress came in in November, I had lost quite a few inches on my bust and waist- two from my bust and two from my waist; however my hip measurement stayed the same. The pics that I provided show the shape of my body and the shape of the dress well. At the time of my wedding, my sizes were essentially 24 (bust)- 22 (waist)- 26 (hips), and that is the body type this dress is tailored to. Of course, it can be tailored further to fit the buyer. I can provide more photos if needed.
- Preservation Method: I wore the dress for the evening of my wedding, about six hours, then I wore it again for about an hour on my lucky Birthday which was exactly two weeks later. The dress has not been cleaned or preserved. Also, I don't drink so there was no alcohol that accidentally spilled onto my dress; nothing from food, either. Photos below: Photo 1- top left is close up of applique detail; top right is the front center of the belt; bottom left is as bad as the dirt gets, it's on the bottom-most layer of the dress (the satin) and it is simple dirt from walking around outside in my dress, I mostly had someone holding my dress as I walked; bottom right is the only loose beading that I've seen on the dress, and it's located on the left side of the belt. Photo 2- Top left is the bust and belt; middle left is close-up of the belt, bottom left are the godets on the front of the skirt; on the right is a partially full-length shot with the bust, belt and godets all visible. Photo 3- left is me wearing the dress while having some finishing touches done before the First Look; top middle is full-length shot of the dress; bottom middle is a back view of the dress, and it is not bustled here; on right is a full length photo of me in the dress, the wind was blowing and that's why the dress so looks beautiful the way it's slightly blowing the to left, the only thing you cannot see in this picture is the belt.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Gray, LA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.