The dress is of course, really beautiful, right? The lace is pont d’espirit which is floral with little tiny polka dots in the background and it has tiny beads all over for a slight glittering effect here and there. I wore it for my ceremony and reception. It was comfortable, the beading was not too heavy and the layers not to hot for April in DC. It is phenomenal for showing off your back and the little cap sleeves keep it from falling down.
- Alterations: I had the original band just below the bust removed and I wore it with an ivory sash instead. It has a slight gathering at the bust to create a sweetheart neckline and the back was adjusted so that the deep v lace laid flat on my back. It has a french bustle. (about $200 worth of alterations). I wore this dress for a looooong time and all over the place on my wedding day so the eyelash lace at the bottom of the dress is stained in some places. I sent it back for a second round of cleaning and it did not come out. I don't think it's visible from where most people will be looking but please look at the up close picture! I have tons more photos if you want to see more detail. And in case no one else has mentioned this to you, purchasing a used dress means no taxes, no shipping and maybe minimal alterations to fit you if you already like the bustle, neckline, etc.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been drycleaned at a "green" drycleaners and is hanging in its original bag in my guest bedroom waiting for you to come try it on! :)
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Arlington, VA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.