I wore this dress just this month, Oct. 12, 2013, at my wedding in South Korea.
This dress is covered with THOUSANDS of swarovski crystals, beads and pearls, sewn on flowery embroidery throughout the outer tulle. The dress glistens beautifully when you walk or dance, especially under the reception lighting, and this was the main reason why I bought this dress. Other dress of this quality (with this much of swarovski crystals, beads and detailed embroidery) costs around $3000 (for example, like many Allure dresses with extensive bead works) whereas this one was almost half of that price. I have tried on many beaded dresses including those expensive Allure dresses and this one was by far the most elegantly put together beaded dress, with a very nice price tag.
Also, this Mori Lee style # 1922 is not one of those dresses that you would see at the local bridal shop that everybody has tried on, because Mori Lee didn’t provide a sample gown of this style to the bridal shops. I picked out this one from the Mori Lee catalog without trying it on because somehow I felt brave enough to do that, and I’m glad that I did that since I don’t see ANYONE online (on all those wedding website/community boards) wearing this gorgeous dress.
I got so many compliments from my guests at the wedding, on how dramatic (in a good way) my entrance was because of this sparkling dress. For me, it felt like a dream walking down the aisle in this dress. I really hope this dress finds its new owner, to be worn more beautifully than it was on me and then be taken care of.
See details of this dress here at its designer’s website: http://www.morilee.com/Bridals/bridal/1922
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 35
- Waist: 26.5
- Hips: 38.5
- Height with Shoes: 5'75
- Alterations: The tag size is 8, and according to Mori Lee's size chart, it was supposed to be 35/26.5/38.5. However, when I got measured and even when I measured myself, I was 35/26/38 and I found this dress to be a size or two bigger than me. So I got this dress taken in about an inch and half on waist and hip and added pads on the bust, but the dress still didn't feel too tight on the bust and the waist even after the alteration. My personal recommendation for this dress is that this dress, as altered as it is right now, can probably accommodate 35~36.5 on the bust (up to 37.5 if you take out the pads), 26~28 on the waist (it is very well constructed with boned corset that firmly presses any belly/back fat), and 37~38 on the hip (up to 39 if you undone the alteration on the hip). As with any new wedding dress one might buy, an alteration to fit your unique body might still be needed. The height of the dress was not altered. I hope my explanation helps you with your decision!
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Fit to Flare
- Material: Embellishment
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Corset
- Preservation Method: I came back from South Korea a week ago, and I'm planning to get this dress cleaned professionally at a local dry cleaner that does the wedding dresses within this week. As of now without cleaning, I see two small tears on the front, on the very bottom of the skirt, and a trace of gray discoloration, also on the front bottom of the skirt. These imperfections are barely noticeable.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: , MD
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.