To paraphrase my mother’s best friend: “She was THE most beautiful bride I have ever seen. That dress was amazing.” Wedding guests called it timeless, classic, and demure. No one could believe I bought it off the rack… they were convinced I had it custom-made!
The dress is from RK Bridal in Manhattan. I tried on dresses at eight bridal boutiques across NYC before choosing this dress. I loved the beaded lace fabric, the romantic long train, the low back, the trumpet cut that highlighted my waist, the sheer beaded cap sleeves, and the detailed silver beading around the neckline (I didn’t even wear a necklace because I didn’t want to distract from the dress!).
I wore it from 3pm – 2am and found it to be quite comfortable! During that stretch of time, it was only outdoors for 30 minutes (see Preservation Method description for more details).
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 8
- Bust: 32
- Waist: 30
- Hips: 39
- Height with Shoes: 5' 10
- Alterations: The following alterations were made a professional seamstress who specializes in wedding dresses: 1. The bust was brought in approximately 1.5" on each side (I am an A/B cup). 2. The seamstress tacked my strapless bra to the front of the dress. I have removed the bra, but there are a few tiny (needle-wide) holes on the inside of the innermost layer of the dress along the middle of the bust. These holes will not be visible to anyone when you are wearing the dress. If you want to wear a bra underneath, I recommend the kind of bra that scoops low in the back so as not to be seen. 3. Two-layer french bustle with numbered strings; my bridesmaids said it was easy! 4. Clear "no slip" ribbon was sewn into the cap sleeves so that they would stay put. They didn't fall down once! No adjustments were made to the waist or hips or hemline.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Trumpet
- Material: Embellishment
- Neckline: Cap Sleeve
- Style: Classic
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: I bought the dress new and it was steamed prior to my wedding (August 2014). I have not cleaned the dress since the wedding, but I am happy to have it professionally dry cleaned if you would like. You might prefer to control who cleans it, so I wanted to leave that as an option. Let me know, either way! The ceremony, cocktails, and reception were all indoors. The dress was also worn outdoors on a city street for 30 minutes of wedding party photographs, so it does have some grey soiling on the bottommost aspect. Other than dirt along the hemline, there are no stains on the dress.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Madison, WI
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.