I purchased this dress from OnceWed back in 2009 for my impromptu wedding. It began in California, is now in Kentucky, and looking for a new home. Like the first bride, I’ve realized that keeping this gown stored away benefits no one. I would love for this gown to be apart of yet another happy couples big day! I wore the dress twice, once for a deck wedding and again for a delayed family celebration in a very clean community center. The detail in the dress does have some wear, but is not noticeable unless you are looking for it.
The dress was specially ordered with the tie-up back. In the personal photos, the silhouette is accomplished with a 36C bust and a size 3 pants. Height was 5’5″ and I wore kitten heels. Thanks to the closure, the dress can fit a small range of body types, but the smaller the figure, the less of a V the lace-up back will create.
The gown’s bodice features boning. It has a little bit of an underskirt. I chose not to wear any type of poofy underskirt, so keep that in mind when viewing the photos. You could use a crenoline skirt to make it poofier.
The gown is ivory, with ivory and a slightly darker champagne lacing. It has small lines of silver, as well as pearls and clear sequins to give it a dazzling sparkle.
This is a classic, sure to make any bride beautiful!
Please feel free to ask any questions you can think of or if you’d like more photos. I’ll do my best!
- Alterations: The only thing wrong with the dress is some wear on the details, which can be seen in the photos. The dress does bustle. It has five buttons underneath, two blue, two pink, one white, which correspond to a button on the underskirt. I am not all that familiar with the various bustle terms, but I have photos of how it looks.
- Preservation Method: I've kept the dress stored the same way it was sent to me; rolled up, bagged, and in a box. I have not had it professionally cleaned and I do not believe it ever has been. However, I've spot cleaned it myself by gently cleaning around the base and almost wanted to keep it, it cleaned so easily. The dress is not perfectly smooth crisp, it does have some waves/wrinkles.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Richmond, KY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.