I bought my dress in March 2013, and it was worn only once. This strapless dress was the sixth dress I tried on, just shy of one week after our engagement. It was love at first sight, with the deep V back, delicate curves, and all over ivory lace which reminded me of my mother’s own wedding gown. With the subtle sweetheart neckline and white chiffon sash tied in a bow in the back; this dress has a romantic, vintage feel. The only problem was it was a size 8 off the rack- and I am 5″ and normally a 0-2. Luckily, my aunt is a talented seamstress (she made my cousins wedding dress from scratch), and she did a PERFECT job of bringing it to a size 0 and hemmed for 5″3 (I wore 3″ heels). It was light and airy, and I felt like I was floating all day in the late summer woods. Even though it is strapless, the lining is done with boning which prevents it from slipping down at the waist, so it was perfectly comfortable all day long, from walking down the aisle, to sitting for dinner, and into a long evening of folk dancing. I am hoping another bride who has the same sizing struggles as me will feel just as beautiful on her special day as I did!
To see more photos, visit http://www.pinterest.com/bonbon_5/best-day-ever/ (All photos by Sherri Koop)
- Alterations: My aunt masterfully altered this dress for me. It was hemmed about a foot at the front, with no length taken off the long train. All original scalloped lace hem was discreetly resown onto the front hem. It was taken in from a size 8 to a 0, but it was done very simply with minimal alteration, as she only took the seams in on either side of the bodice. She also designed a custom bustle for the long train.
- Preservation Method: I had this dress professionally dry cleaned after wear, and it has been stored in a bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Chilliwack, BC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.