This dress was bought at The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul, Minnesota and it was love at first sight. The champagne undertone with ivory lace overlay was EXACTLY what I was looking for, for my outdoor shabby chic wedding, with barn reception. The colors looked amazing in the sunlight and I got so many compliments on it. The belt was made into a custom bow, and I paired the dress with a birdcage veil and vintage accessories. The lace detail and buttons in the back give the dress a vintage feel, while still looking contemporary.
- Alterations: The dress was taken in at the ribcage/waist, as the size 4 dress was too large. My bust is 34" and waist is 36" and the dress was made to fit those measurements. Padding was inserted into the chest so that no bra is needed. The belt was made into a custom bow. The bustle is an over bustle, or 'American bustle' where there is one loop of fabric hidden in some lace, that hooks onto the last back button and holds up the train. Damages: This dress was worn for an outdoor wedding with a reception in a barn so there is slight discoloration on the very edge of the hem. Not noticeable at all, unless looking very closely. The two small strings holding the belt in place have also fallen off, and new ones would need to be added.
- Preservation Method: This dress was professionally dry cleaned and has been in storage in a garment bag in my closet. I live in a smoke-free home.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Minneapolis,
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.