The story: My husband and I met online. He is Scottish and I am Irish and we were married in our church on Reformation Sunday with kilts and plaid aplenty. Sorry ladies but the tartan sash is not for sale. I loved the dress, but as my husband and I don’t expect to have children it seems a shame to box it up in the closet. My asking price is $150 but that is negotiable. I mostly want to get this dress into another happy bride’s hands as soon as possible. Read more to learn about the freebies I’ll throw in.
The good: Trumpet style, lace with sparkling beads and sequins throughout, sweep train, strapless. Ivory satin sash included. Fits like a glove. Control top slip and seamless molded cup brasellette with flexible boning included for free with purchase ($106 value). I also have two cute sparkly headbands I’ll throw in for free if you want them. I got them at Icing by Claire’s and let my husband pick his favorite for the wedding. They were cheap but look cute.
The bad: I haven’t done anything to preserve/clean the dress. I only wore it for an hour on October 28th, 2012, but you’ll want to have it dry cleaned before your big day. I also think the bottom-most part of the lace seems to have been “pulled” a little in the alteration process. It is only noticeable upon very close inspection, but I want to be completely honest about the dress’ condition.
- Label Size: 2
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 31
- Waist: 25
- Hips: 37
- Height with Shoes: 5 feet 5 1/2 inches
- Alterations: Professionally hemmed by David's bridal to maintain scalloped edge of lace along the bottom ($160.50 value). The dress was a regular and I'm a petite, so even with 3 1/2 inch heels I needed a slight hem. You can compare the wedding and dress shop pictures to see how little was taken up.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Trumpet
- Material: Lace
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Belt/Sash, Modern, Vintage
- Condition: Used
- Preservation Method: No special preservation method has been used (yet). I got married only a few months ago. I wore the dress for the 1 hour church service, took it off, and have stored it ever since in a David's Bridal garment bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: , MS
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.